Did you know the 22nd Judicial District Court operates 8 problem-solving courts, with approximately 400 St. Tammany Parish actively engaged in programming? This is more than any district throughout the state! These courts reduce crime, save taxpayers money and reunite families by helping non-violent persons overcome substance use disorders and mental health issues and become healthy, productive members of our community.
Your donations are used as incentives. Incentives are given to individuals who have shown a strong commitment to responsible and positive behaviors in their recovery. As the programs promote client involvement in pro-social, family-focused activities, being able to provide incentives such as gift certificates to restaurants or movie theaters can directly reinforce this ideal.
Donations Needed Include NEW and UNUSED Items such as:
- Sports items, especially LSU and Saints, such as hats, shirts, and water bottles
- Gift cards to restaurants or stores
- Tickets to sporting events, museums, movies, and live entertainment events
- Toys for kids of any age (for the children of clients in specialty courts)
- Scented candles, soaps, room deodorizers
- Electronics such as ear buds, Kindle/Nook, Go-Pro, drones, speakers
- Clothing items (with tags still intact) such as socks, slippers, sunglasses, etc
- Jewelry, watches, purses, backpacks
- Hand lotion, hair and makeup accessories
- Home décor such as lamps, vases, picture frames, blankets
- Coffee cups, insulated mugs
- Arts and crafts such as adult or kids coloring books, Crayons/pencils/pens, paint supplies, scrapbooking, beading/jewelry making
- Books, calendars, journals, magnets
Please NO food or alcohol, items referencing alcohol use, drug use or illicit activity of any kind, profanity, and knives or weapons.
Contact: Shannon Hattier, Program Coordinator, 22nd JDC Specialty Courts
By Mail 623 Plaza Drive, Covington, LA 70433
The Northshore Court Foundation is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code